Sharing your tours with GuidiGO On-site Pass
Our On-Site Pass makes it possible for you to sell tours through your usual ticketing office, either on-site or online. The price of the tour can be included in the ticket price. You will then give visitors an access code to download your tour from the GuidiGO application.
Using the Pass can be a good way to reassure visitors who aren’t used to purchasing content in an app. It also allows them to gain entry to the site and enjoy the tour content with a single payment.
How will visitors use the On-site Pass ?
In its most basic form, the Pass comes with a QR code and an alphanumeric code. The user can choose to either scan the QR code with their mobile device, or enter the alphanumeric code manually on go.guidigo.com. In either case, the user simply has to follow the instructions that appear on screen.
The Pass can also be issued as a PDF ticket (which can be printed in A4 format). In addition to the QR code and alphanumeric code, the PDF ticket includes a description of the tour, download instructions and your contact information.
If needed, you can direct your visitors to these online instructions.
How to create a Pass
- From the GuidiGO Studio home page, click the Pass tab.
- Click Create a Pass, then fill out all the empty fields; this information will appear on the PDF ticket purchased by the visitor. Once the user activates their Pass, the name and thumbnail for the Pass will appear in the mobile app.
- You can add the tours included in your Pass by clicking + Add tour.
- Click Save / View & Submit / Pass preview.
- You will then view the PDF ticket linked to your Pass.
- Now, all you have to do is issue the Pass and make it available to your visitors.
Option 1: Issuing single-use tickets
This option makes it possible to issue a batch of PDF tickets for which each code can only be used once.
- Click Issue passes, then select the Pass of your choice.
- Indicate the number of tickets you’d like to make available (maximum 100)
- You can also provide instructions for connecting to your WiFi network, which will then be printed on each ticket.
- Click Issue passes.
Option 2: Issuing a QR code that can be used multiple times
This option makes it possible to download a unique QR code that can be scanned multiple times. In this case, you will provide the same code to all visitors.
- Click Issue passes, then click the Multi-scannable QR code tab.
- Select the Pass of your choice.
- Indicate how many times visitors can use the same code (maximum 100).
- You can then decide to create a new QR code, or renew a previous QR code (which is very useful if you chose to print that code on your pamphlets or on a poster).
- Click Issue passes.