Viewing 3D assets with AR Composer (ENG)
AR Composer makes it easy to view 3D assets in AR. Here is how to use the app.
1. Installing the application
- Make sure your device is compatible with ARCore / ARKit: the model number should appear in this list.
- iPhone / iPad: install the app from the App Store.
- Android: contact us to receive an .apk to install on your device.
- Launch AR Composer and tap "Allow" for all permissions requested.
2. Downloading 3D assets
Because no 3D assets are included with the app, the first thing you need to do is download the 3D object you wish to display in your AR scene.
- In the Library tab, press the "+" button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will see a selection of 3D assets for demo purposes.To also see the 3D assets linked to your GuidiGO AR account, tap the Menu icon at the top right corner then sign in.
- In the list, tap the blue icon next to the object you wish to download.
- Tap the back arrow at the top of the list to go back to the Library.
3. Displaying 3D assets in AR
- In the Library tab, tap Preview for the asset you wish to position in AR.
- Tap Close to dismiss the "Credits" popup (if there is one).
- Aim your device at the flat surface where you want to position the asset.
- After 1 or 2 seconds, the 3D asset will appear, semi-transparent.
- Tap the Check button at the top right corner to save the position.
- You can now walk freely around the 3D asset, observing it from every angle. Just avoid moving too far away from it.If the 3D asset disappears from the screen, aim at the place where you have positioned it to get it back; you may also need to take a few steps back.
4. Creating a persistent AR Scene
To allow other users to see the 3D asset where you have positioned it, you need to create a persistent AR Scene. To lean more, consult this article.