Installing your tour on multiple Tango devices
Once your tour is ready for release, you will need to install the application, the tour itself, as well as its routes, on all your Tango devices. We will now present you with the quickest way to proceed with the task.
- Copy the installation files as follows:
- .gz file (tour package) to a folder named preload_tours
- .json file(s) (routes) to a folder named guidigo_paths. Please delete all the existing files in this folder before adding your new .json
- .apk file (application) to no specific folder.
- Tap the .apk file to launch the app installation.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app by tapping its icon. The tour and route files will load automatically and your tour will be ready for use.
Managing a large fleet of devices
If you have a large fleet of devices (>20) and intend to update your tour regularly, you might consider automating the process with an MDM solution (i.e. Mobile Device Management), such as Air Watch or Sure MDM.
Here is an example of an .apk installation process using Sure MDM.
To retrieve your tour installation files, please consult this article.